The Michigan Model of Leadership is based on a half-century of research and practice, and it serves as a simple and useful guide for seasoned and up-in-coming leaders alike. Virtually all Ross students take part in our interactive and engaging Michigan Model of Leadership workshop early in the business school experience. In it, you’ll learn about skills and capabilities embedded in the model and ways you might add value in teams and in the workplace. In addition, you’ll identify personal strengths and weaknesses, and steps you can begin taking now to further develop your capabilities and lead more adaptively.
Ross graduate students participate in the workshop during orientation. It is also available upon request and has been offered to groups of faculty, staff, and students across the university for a fee.
On-Demand & Custom Workshops
Beyond the Michigan Model of Leadership, we offer workshops on demand that leverage the model to:
- Develop empathy, drive, integrity, and courage
- Deepen self-awareness
- Prepare individuals to proactively drive their learning and growth as leaders
- Help project teams and clubs organize, plan, and leverage strengths
We regularly engage with faculty, staff, and students across campus to deliver custom workshops that meet their unique needs. Partners have included:
- U-M Housing and Residence Education
- Association for Women in Science
- Michigan Athletics
- Newnan Advising Center and the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
- Office of the Vice President for Student Life
- Ross Faculty & Student Clubs
- Tauber Institute for Global Operations
- Wilson Student Team Project Center at the College of Engineering
If you are interested in bringing the Michigan Model of Leadership to your organization, please contact us.